Sunday, May 4, 2008

One Little Apple Tree


Here is last month's picture of my little apple tree. I purchased this tree at a bargain price from Lowes last year. It was well past the season for selling baby trees and they were trying to get rid of them. I searched thru all the trees that were on sale until I found this one, a nice apple tree variety, a gala. We all like gala's here. I had done a little research looking into apple tree varieties and knew that there has to be two trees in order for there to be apples, still I only bought one. I planted this one in the front yard, a lone tree, hoping that our neighbors apple tree (it's in their back yard) might help with the pollination process. In the meantime, even if it doesn't I am learning about apple trees and how to care for one.

I was so proud of this tree when it woke up from it's winter's nap and made sweet little blossoms!

I do need to learn how to prune it next, I'm not sure how far toward the bottom I should allow it to grow limbs or, when I should prune it for the bets result.

1 comment:

vi said...

looks very nice joey.......

vi