Saturday, May 10, 2008

Update on Upside Down Garden

Here is the update on the upside down garden. I hope to add more later today, if the rain will hold off long enough we may get some of the hardware attached and maybe even a few of the tomatoes planted. I have my fingers crossed that we will accomplish some progress on our gardens this weekend.

Upside down frame, almost ready for "Planting"
If you are following the progress, you can see that we have added bracing to stabilize the frame, we painted it white to match the other garden boxes/frames in the SFG and to preserve it a bit from the sun and weather. I was able to acquire some beautiful patio blocks that now sit under each leg of the frame to keep the end grain dry, which should slow the aging process of the wood. It also makes it easier to string trim around it without damaging the painted surface. (I remain committed to the low maintenance goal when I can.)

I will try and take a better photo of the Upside Down Frame later, I admit I was taking a "full view" photo of both gardens when I took this one and I realize now looking at it, that it really does deserve it's own photo.

No comments: