Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Planting the SFG Frames

Today I began the actual planting of the SFG (Square FootGarden). I planted 20 pepper plants, some hot peppers and some sweet peppers, several different varieties. Also planted were 2 summer squash plants and 2 eggplants.

Aerial View of SFG 5/21/08

With all this recent rain the soil in the newly flled beds had settled a good bit, making the soil level lower than was optimal. We stole a little soil from one of the new beds, the one closest to the gate. We have plans to replace it very soon. We have still not gotten back to weeding out the older established beds (those we built last year). As you can see, the cardboard is still in place over the weeds, I sure hope it is helping!. Maybe tomorrow or Friday we'll get to them and get them weeded. I need to get on it soon, the tomatoes need to get in the ground and start climbing those vertical frames. I think they are growing tired of their tiny pots.

No comments: